Held in the comfort of your own home, on a weekend, weeknight or weekday, our comprehensive private session is customized for your specific needs. Individualized classes focus on your specific needs and circumstances. Embracing our philosophy that with knowledge and support, couples can make the best and safest choices for themselves and their families, our founder/educator, Janet Padgett, brings more than 25 years of actual birth experience to each class, offering students a unique and honest perspective.
Some couples find that they need education in addition to what they may have already received, or if this is not a first baby, they may want a refresher class. Those pursuing a VBAC, or planning an unmedicated, birth center or home birth find that the private session is just what they need as their class is geared toward them specifically!
We will work with you to insure you have the information and knowledge, you need to create the birth of your choice!
Each comprehensive class may include discussion of:
• The process of labor and evaluating its progress
• Timing your arrival at your birth place
• Coping with pain and fear of pain
• Overcoming cultural messages
• The emotional & physical aspects of labor, including the stages of labor, beyond what you can read in a book
• Birth options and birth place protocols and procedures, specific to you
Breastfeeding and Newborn Care Class
Relaxation for Labor
A peaceful retreat for your mind, body and spirit as you prepare for the birth of your child
Each in-home, 90- minute session is customized to meet your individual needs and may include:
• Tension reduction and breathing exercises to manage pain and sustain energy
• Positions that facilitate comfort and progress during labor
• Practical techniques for body-awareness and muscle relaxation
• Suggestions and guidance for labor companion
• Massage techniques and use of birth ball
• Setting up your birth environment for maximum relaxation
Sessions are available for individuals or couples ~ Single sessions or packages available
Fit for Birth
Our prenatal fitness plans are individualized to your own pregnancy, fitness level, and needs. Our fully supportive approach can help you experience a strong, more comfortable pregnancy, entering labor and birth feeling confident and empowered! Your customized plan will focus on your specific goals for pregnancy and birth, as well as prepare you for a strong, healthy postpartum!
Fit for Birth Packages include:
• In home training sessions, using the equipment you have access to!
• Individualized fitness plan, with workouts, sent to you weekly
• Focus on your changing body and needs through your pregnancy
• Easy to follow workouts with short instructional videos of each exercise
• Workouts to ease common pregnancy discomforts, build stamina for labor and birth, and to increase your energy
• Pelvic floor training
• Core training specific to pregnancy
• Exercises to prevent diastasis recti
• Preparing your body for postpartum healing
Healthy Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
Our individualized Nutrition Plans designed to create healthy habits and enrich your routine and lifestyle for a nourished, healthy, happy pregnancy.
Healthy mama = Healthy baby = Healthy Postpartum!
• Assessment, as well as personalized plan to support you in reaching your goals
• Health and nutritional needs of your body during pregnancy and of your baby, currently
• How nutrition shapes and enriches your pregnancy, birth and postpartum
• How to easily integrate foods and healthy changes into your life so that it feels good and you feel good
• How to involve your whole family (if desired)
• Plan meals, grocery lists, meal prep, discuss food preparation
• Modify your plan as your nutritional needs change throughout your pregnancy
• Introduce new health and nutritional information that is relevant and helpful for you
• Preparing for postpartum nutrition – the needs of your body during the postpartum period, breastfeeding nutrition, healing, and keeping you feeling good! Postpartum healing starts internally! (Package 2 Only)
Birth Partners services make the perfect gift for any new or expectant family! Family, friends, and co-workers will enjoy providing you with a gift that makes a real difference! Please call or email for more information or to register.
For more information or to register for any of our programs: firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-375-9963